The Senior Diesel Mechanic is responsible for maintaining the entire fleet in accordance with Luxxor Limousines’ upper management and expectations set forth. The fleet must be entered into a working maintenance schedule per DOT standards. This person must be able to manage and prioritize these duties, working with dispatch on vehicle demand and completion time of projects. Technician must accurately predict the completion of projects such that the project’s completion does not interfere with a booked reservation. All fleet jobs must be managed using current fleet management software. Fleet maintenance priorities must be given and tasks with higher need should be done first, followed by more auxiliary tasks.
- Perform work specified on maintenance/repair work orders with efficiency and in accordance with dealership and company standards.
- Diagnose and repair vehicle automotive systems including flushes, oil changes, etc.
- Provide labor/time estimates for all fleet repairs.
- Must be able to explain mechanical diagnoses and required repairs in a non-technical manner to upper management.
- Continuously learn new technical information, and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay on top of the rapidly changing technology.
- Inspect and test new vehicles and record findings so that necessary repairs can be made.
- Must be able to forecast preventative measures (to their best ability) and communicate this to upper management for approval, mitigating future potential breakdowns.
- Enter all vehicles into a recordable maintenance program to meet both recommended factory specs, while meeting DOT standards for such program.
- Create/maintain a program for seasonal maintenance work on fleet as a whole. This should be on a schedule of when to prep vehicles for spring, summer, or fall.
- Any and all other duties not listed herein, may be added/amended etc. as the job evolves.
- Team-oriented, flexible and focused on achieving a high-level preventative maintenance program.
- Working knowledge of all shop equipment/tools such as wheel and tire equipment, diagnostic equipment, HVAC equipment, etc.
- Covering any broken-down vehicle or fleet-related emergency given that the Technician is in town and available.
- Working part or full-time hours on Saturdays (depending on necessity) will be required periodically. The expected Saturday hours shall be set at 10 hours per month. As per the monetary benefit outlined below, any “overtime” will be paid at time and a half.
- Strong problem-solving skills and good mechanical aptitude.
- Graduation from High School or GED equivalent.
- Skill in operation of tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of automotive mechanics and diesel mechanics.
- Possession of a valid Iowa drivers license with a Class A CDL or with the ability to obtain a Class A within six (6) months from date of hire.
- ASE certification preferred but not required.
The compensation for this position is (hourly pay) between $29.22 – $30.93/hr. Dollars USD ($60,791.00 – $64,335.50 based on 2080 hours of work).
1.5 times hourly pay will be earned for all hours over 40.00 in a standard work week
Standard work week should be considered Mon – Fri, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM (negotiable)
Give us a call at 515.868.1819, or fill out the form below and a Luxxor representative will contact you as soon as possible.